Friday, May 1, 2009

After A Thunderstorm, There Always Be The Sun Shining and a Rainbow

It was raining again outside and it was accompanied by thunder and lightning... The little girl watched the rain fall and listened to the rolling thunder and watched the lightning strike. She did feel a certain fear. She fell asleep by the window.

She woke up suddenly and found herself at a place she wasn't familiar with. She squinted her eyes and looked harder. Was she dreaming? When she opened her eyes, all around her were mist. The second time she took a look, she knew she what she saw was right. Her eyes were not deceiving her. As she was trying to figure out, she heard voices. Male voices. They sounded angry and then, there was a sobbing female voice. The little girl walked through the mist towards the voices.

There she saw - as she had figured - were three figures. Two teenage boys and a crying girl. The two boys were arguing while the crying girl was crying. The little girl took small steps towards them and then stopped. The crying girl turned and saw the little girl and went towards her, still crying. The little girl stood there bravely.

"Make them stop, little one..." she wept. The little girl blinked, surprised.

"How?" she asked the crying girl as she looked at those men, scared. "They are scary." she said. The crying girl continued crying. "Excuse me, I was wondering, where am I and what are your names?"

The girl stopped crying for a while and wiped her tears. She was a pretty person and slowly she said, "My name is Rain and those two arguing are my brothers, Thunder and Lightning. Thunder is angry at Lightning."

Then innocently she asked Rain, "What did Lightning say to make Thunder angry?"

Rain shrugged.

The little girl watched them argue while Rain went towards them, telling to stop. But they both continued arguing. The little girl went towards the men slowly, even with a little fear in her heart.

As she approached the men, they stopped arguing and looked at her. Thunder, the bigger boy, with booming voice said, "How did you get here?"

The little girl hid behind Rain, who stopped crying. Timidly the little girl asked as she reappeared from behind Rain, "Why are you so angry, Mr. Thunder?" Thunder was surprised that this little girl actually came up to him to asked him such a question.

"Lightning here, threw his bolts which hit me and it hurts. Of course I have to get angry." Lightning was a boy with a tantrum. He kept throwing his bolts. Thunder scolded him, "You can hurt someone with that, Lightning!"

"Do I look like I care?" he asked. Rain continued crying. The little girl didn't dare do anything until another person appeared.

"Children. What is all this fighting?" asked the new female voice. The little girl turned and looked at the other person and saw the most beautiful person she's ever seen in her life. "Oh, hello little one." she greeted the little girl. The little girl watched the colourful lady who said hello to her. She looked like a mother. She guessed that this lady's name was Rainbow for she had all seven colours of the rainbow. "I want all three of you to go back to your rooms and think of what you've done to each other. Now!" she said sternly.

"Yes, Momma Rainbow..." the three said. After the three had disappeared, the mist disappeared with them. A shiny man appeared from behind the mist.

"I was wondering when will they stop." he laughed. Rainbow smiled and went towards the little girl.

"Oh, Sun, you know how teenagers are!" she said. "Now, how did you end up here?" she asked the little girl.

"I don't know, I was watching outside my window and then I fell asleep. When I woke up... I found myself here..." the little girl explained. The name called Sun went towards her. As he got near her, she felt warm. "Why were they arguing?"

"That is just the way they are, little one." Sun explained. "Once their little quarrel is over the other three will go to sleep and rest... Meanwhile, me and Rainbow come out. Then, after a certain time, Rainbow will go to sleep, too."

The little girl stood there listening to Sun explaining things to her until she felt like she was disappearing. She heard a familiar voice calling her name.

"I think I have to go now." she said politely to Sun and Rainbow.

Next thing the little girl knew, she was back at the window, just getting conscious. She felt someone touching her shoulder. She turned and saw her mother. She looked outside the window and saw a rainbow in the sky and the sun shining brightly.

"What is wrong wit you, Dear?" asked her mother. The little girl shook her head and smiled.

"I had a wonderful dream, Mummy!" she said. "It stopped raining!"

"Yes. It did." her mother said. The little girl told her mother all about her dream. After listening to her daughter's story, her mother simply said, "That is why they say that, after facing great difficulty. You will find happiness at the end of the day"

Outside, the sun was shining brightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment