Young was the child,
Naïve and innocent,
Imaginary images formed,
As she flies to a fantasy land,
Far, far away from reality…
I watched her talk to herself,
I saw her play with an imagery friend,
As she did,
Others looked at her,
Glaring and staring at her with a strange expression,
They thought she was crazy,
Parents stopped their children to go near her,
And to talk to her,
Some would walk away,
Cursing and laughing at the sight,
But,
I stood there long and watched her with fascination…
The child,
Looked at my direction,
And whispered into the air,
I turned and said nothing,
But as I was about to walk away,
I felt someone took my hand,
The child looked at me with her big brown eyes,
Her eyes filled with tears as she said;
‘Please love me?’
I blinked and looked at the child,
All I did was smiled,
‘Please? I am alone in this world’,
I blinked again and asked,
‘But, you’ve got a world of your own…’
She shook her head and cried again,
‘That is a world of make believe,
It does not exist,
All my friends in that world does not exist,
That makes me lonely still,
It makes me happy seeing other children love and being loved,
But it makes me sad when I am being hated and forgotten,
Sometimes I feel like I am the fantasy,
Not my fantasy,
So, please, I ask you to love me?’
I stood before the child speechless,
I kneeled before the child and wiped away her tears,
Before her I stood,
I smiled encouragingly,
Then took her in my arms gently and embraced her,
‘The world of make believe is where fantasies give us hope,
That is the place where all problems go away,
It maybe a fantasy but it is problem free,
And yes, little one,
I will love you if you love me, too…
Remember this,
If you think you are unloved,
You are wrong,
If you think no one cared about you,
You are wrong,
People love you but they don’t show it,
So, let me be the first to show that I love you,’
With this,
I took her hand and we walked hand in hand…
Ever since,
The child,
Will never have to feel lonely again...
No comments:
Post a Comment